Tuesday, October 12, 2010

we've got "a situation"

So. Despite evidence to the contrary, given how I like to prattle away about tv etc on this blog, I am actually not very into "reality" tv. America's Next Top Model and American Idol (although not this season. JLO? Hell NO!)are about it. I don't watch Survivor, the Amazing Race, The Apprentice, The Biggest Loser, or any of those network shows. Needless to say, I don't watch any of the trashy cable ones either (I don't have cable. So it is possible I COULD be sitting around watching "Rock of Love" or whatever if I had the means, motive and opportunity.)

If this is the case, there should be absolutely no reason why I should know about Mike "the Situation" Sorrentino, and "Snooki" and Sammi "Sweetheart" and any of those other guidos/guidettes who hang around on Jersey Shore. Mind you, I don't know what they actually DO on Jersey Shore, but whatever.

Yet here we are. (I don't live under a rock after all!)

Anyway - the Situation is on Dancing with the Stars. When I heard the cast line up I was like "WHAT?" I mean, half of the cast on that show are NOT STARS (Bristol Palin! Arrrghhh!)

But - you want to know a secret?? I kind of LIKE the Situation. No, he can't really dance. But he seems to be trying and he's kind of cute and hilarious, so.... my mom and I cast our first votes of the season... and we voted for him and Karina. Yes, it is true. Don't judge me.

Also? I thought I would hate Bristol, too, but I don't. She, too, seems to be trying and doing really well, for someone who's never danced before. All of last year's flash mob business taught me how hard it is to learn a routine.

Before you all go calling emergency services to check my sanity levels (laughable, by the way), don't worry. I didn't suddenly turn into a republican. We didn't cast any votes for Bristol.

One more thing - Florence Henderson, you are not fooling anybody! I saw you on Seth's video of the Brady Bunch Variety show or whatever the heck it was called! You can dance, girl!

No comments: