Monday, November 01, 2010

cake boss

I had the strangest dream last night and wanted to share. I was doing something ordinary, like brushing my hair or something, when my mom came in the room and told me "Patti is here."
And I asked "Patti who?" since I don't have friends with that name (only one, notable Diva Obsession). And yes, it was her. In a car. In my driveway. So I went out, wearing my grey velour track suit from old navy (yes, I remember what I was wearing). Apparently, I was in some sort of contest, dealing with her and she was a judge. She wanted to know if she could see "the cake". I have no idea why there was a cake, and I guess in the dream I didn't know there was supposed to be one, so I told her it wasn't ready yet. So she says to me something like "So I won't have final approval on it, then?" And I told her that I could take a picture of it for her so she could see it. Then I invited her in (naturally, can't leave the Diva hanging out in the driveway.) we chatted some more and then she left and I had to figure out what the hell to do regarding this cake.

I woke up before I saw the cake, and before I knew if it met with the Diva's preferences. I remember wondering about flavor. Red velvet? Chocolate? Vanilla? And also, what? Suddenly she's the Cake Boss now?

No comments: