Sunday, November 13, 2011

if you haven't missed me...

Maybe you missed seeing Alex's hunky visage? Feast your eyes, friends, I'm sort of figuring out what to do with this blog. I started it out when I got a job in the arts, but I won't (can't) talk about work details. Confidentiality is the nature of the job. So I could talk about shows I see and stuff, but lots of people do that much better and more eloquently than I do. I was having fun writing the True Blood recaps, but the show's on hiatus now until June. I have started a little blogging side project (I'm just playing around with it, I promise I'll share when I've got something good) and I'm having a blast with it because it has a purpose (that little flame... that lights a fire under your ass... anybody?) and it's fun and I'm having so much fun doing it. This one feels old - even though I really really love posting pictures of Alex. How can that ever get old? But is it a fan blog? Not really.


I called it the spastic starfish after that immortal line in Billy Elliot and because, at the time, I was working for a dance company and trying my hand in dance classes. I no longer work there and I was awful at dancing (spastic starfish, indeed!) so the name is untrue (even though I am still rather a spazz in regular life). So we need a facelift and some new ideas and a new title. Maybe I'll just tell you stories about myself. We'll see. I'm still thinking.

No comments: