Wednesday, July 01, 2009

having the time of your life...



So - last night was by far the most fun I've ever had at Ravinia. Ever. The place was PACKED, there was dancing in the aisles and the music of ABBA as played by the fantastic Arrival from Sweden. They were adorable - decked out in authentic ABBA costumes, happy to be there singing for us, happy to be alive and apparently happy to be Swedish. The Ravinia gift shop has outdone themselves this year with fantastic tchotchkes (well, how do YOU spell it?) and I got myself this awesome little glittery trinket that lights up and changes color. No joke, I am obsessed with this thing. The best 8 bucks I've spent this summer, I think.

The only thing that was not entirely agreeable - two things actually - the weather and the annoying people in our aisle. The weather had turned cold - by the time the concert rolled around it was in the 60s! I had to swap my adorable ABBAriffic dress and sandals for a pair of jeans, a long sleeved t-shirt, a sweater AND a jacket. Fortunately I warmed up by dancing! Ah and the people in our aisle. Apparently these people bought 4 pavilion tickets and were trading them around with the rest of their party on the lawn. So. One group would come in, sit for maybe 10 minutes, leave and shortly another group would come in, totally different people, getting up and sitting down, traipsing right IN FRONT OF ME for the entire first half of the show. It annoyed me and it annoyed my mom who I am proud to say "went Sicilian" on them and so did the guy next to us who complained to the usher. Who couldn't very well do anything, since they had tickets after all. Grrr. The second half, four people (that we'd never seen before - how big was this group, anyway?) sat down and stayed there, which was good.

The show was rocking, starting from their first song "Ring Ring" in Swedish and ending with "Dancing Queen." I loved it. LOVED IT and I can't wait to get back to Ravinia for another show and some warmer weather.

No comments: