Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Christmas Songs...

Today in the Sun Times, there is a poll on the best Christmas song. None of their choices even come close to any of my favorites. Here, in random order are my choices, instead:

-White Christmas (but the version they play in the movie "Home Alone" can't think of the artist right now)

-The Bells of St. Paul (Linda Eder)

-Face of Love (Jewel)

-Baby Please Come Home (U2 - I mean come on! Bono! Christmas carols! YES!)

-Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas (the Pretenders. I also really enjoy Patti LuPone's version)

-Rockin'Around the Christmas Tree (the original, by Brenda Lee, not the crappy version by Jessica Simpson)

-Merry Christmas from the Family (The Dixie Chicks. No joke!)

-We Need a Little Christmas Now (from Mame)

-Happy Christmas (War is Over) (John Lennon, my favorite Beatle. Not to be confused with my favorite Beadle, who would be Alex Gemignani. sorry. too much sugar this afternoon)

-River (Renee Fleming)

No comments: