Sunday, December 31, 2006

new year's resolutions

i like to make resolutions. keeping them is something else, of course, but i think i've actually been pretty good about that, too, if a little late. one of my resolutions of old was to take voice lessons, and i've done that (need to get back to it, especially if i am going to be called upon to perform at work functions), learn to knit (check), and once, notably, to remove a pair of boots from under my desk at work. doesn't sound like a big job, does it? but it took me years to bring them home from under there. they moved cubicles with me and everything.

i read an article by ellen degeneres - she suggests writing resolutions in lemon juice on parchment paper, readable only if you hold a candle up to the paper, so you can feel like a pirate. maybe later. for now, i will just broadcast these resolutions to the world.....

1. Finish the !@&#(#@!** thesis. Be more persistent w/deadbeat advisor and make him be useful to me. It is, after all, his job.

2. Join some kind of gym and work out more than once a week.

3. Spend less time at Starbucks. Otherwise, I will become VERY finnie-esque and that gym membership will be very handy indeed.

4. Follow my own damn bliss. New job? Possibly. More travel? Most likely.

5. Learn to knit more than long rectangles. I can do scarves. But I've only got one head. I'd like to learn how to purl, and how to do more exciting stitches and make some more interesting things.

Yeah, that's all I've got right now.

No comments: