Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Happy Feet

I've finally made good on my threat to take up tap dancing. With my snazzy new shoes from Bloch NY, I have been tapping away every Tuesday night. I've had three classes so far and I guess I am doing pretty good for never having strapped on tap shoes before in my entire adult life.* I have not fallen down or made a total fool of myself (good thing, too, because the studio has closed circuit tv in the rehearsal rooms so that the people in the lobby can watch what's going on... yikes!) It takes me a while to get everything from my brain down to my feet, and to remember the steps.... In actuality, I think I am the tap dancing equivalent of Billy Ray Cyrus on Dancing with the Stars last night.... So I guess we will see how long this goes on...but for now I am having fun!

* My mom claims I had lessons when I was really litttle, like 4. She remembers more about them than I do, so I don't think they really count.

No comments: