Friday, October 17, 2008

TAG!

Oh, how I love these things... Thanks, Bob...

Link to your tagger and list these rules on your blog. Bob was my tagger.

Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog - some random, some weird.

Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blog.

Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

If you don’t have 7 blog friends, or if someone else already took dibs, then tag some unsuspecting strangers.

7 facts about myself, huh? Let's see:

1. When I was in grade school, everyone was made to play an instrument in the band or orchestra. I really really wanted to play the flute or clarinet, but on the day where you could go and try the instruments, I was not able to produce any sound from either one of them (on my first try, having never picked either one up before. Imagine that!) so they made me play the violin. Fits right? Dorky girl + glasses + braces = violin. Sweet. I played it for a few years but quit before high school. I was in choir instead and was much happier there.

2. My first car was a 1980 El Camino. An elder statesman - I named him "Winston". Once, when I was driving it in the city, someone rolled down their window and tried to buy it from me while I was in it.

3. I 'discovered' opera when I was in college, after watching a really bad tv movie about Aristotle Onassis called "Onassis: The Richest Man in the World" with Jane Seymour playing Maria Callas. Jane as Maria didn't sing at all, but the "character" of Maria totally captured my imagination and I was fascinated. She was a diva's diva and no mistake. I found out all I could about her, got recordings, read books, etc. Listening to her made me interested in seeing live performances, and so I started going to Lyric. At one of those performances (back in the days when Lyric could still afford her!)introduced me to a soprano named Renee Fleming. Following Renee to Houston, Ann Arbor, Milwaukee and New York City has led me to an awesome group of friends who have, in turn, introduced me to other things.

4. I am a raging hypochondriac. If I get a hangnail I am firing up WebMD to tell me what it might be.

5. I am afraid of elevators. I am not exactly sure why. I don't mind other enclosed spaces, so it's not that. Let me tell you, this phobia made it really hard when I lived on the eighteenth floor of Mertz dorm at Loyola, when I had classes on the fourteenth floor, and of course, when I worked on 13. I've never been stuck in an elevator, but it's a huge fear.

6. I think that pretty much everything is better if you add a little cheese.

7. Triskaidekaphobia is one of my favorite words. It means fear of the number 13 and while I don't have it, I do enjoy saying it.

Who can I tag? I think...
Emily
Simone
I wish I could do this via facebook, since I would tag Kimmy and Beth...
And, uh... anyone who wants to!

1 comment:

Sarah B. Roberts said...

El Caminos rock. My Cody hopes to own one someday.