Sunday, January 09, 2011

BEST.BIRTHDAY.EVER

One of my birthday gifts from my friends was tickets to a Chicago Wolves game, which was exciting to begin with. I love hockey but I've never been to a live game. All of my experience with the sport comes from watching tv - first the Olympics and then the Blackhawks. Oh, and we played floor hockey in gym class and it was always one of my favorites to play - that and soccer. This is possibly because I didn't completely such at playing them.

Whatever, anyway, our game was last night! The Wolves were playing a team called the Hamilton Bulldogs, and we were puzzled as to where the heck Hamilton was - they are apparently from Canada. On to the action! Our seats were awesome - front row, center ice, right next to the penalty box. SWEET!

It was fun and action packed and exciting, everything I expected my first game to be. There was even a fight, thus completing my experience.
Sadly, the Wolves did not win the game, but they did score a goal - and the crowd went wild (there were even fireworks). SO MUCH FUN. The final score was 1-4

I've been having some ups and downs lately, as I am looking for a new job, but this outing was just the boost I needed!

No comments: