Tuesday, June 27, 2006

The Dark Side of Scrapbooking...

I am working on an "explosion" book to take with me to New York (which I should be working on now, since I leave in 3 more days!!) to have the Sweeney Todd cast sign afterwards (I will look around for a link to these things, so y'all know what I am talking about. Hard to describe, but here's a hint - they don't really explode). I love making cards and scrapbooks, etc, and since I have been doing it, a whole new industry has cropped up. I worked (still work? can't stay away?) at a scrapbook store - an entire store filled with paper, stickers, ribbon (ooh!) and other various assorted shiny, sparkly and fun items that you can use to document your memories. It is a store popular with suburban soccer moms, who feel the need to photograph every waking moment of their children's lives, and spend the rest of their time (and their money - must be nice!) in the store, busily scrapping their magical memories. Oye. Don't even get me started. I could go on forever about that store, but that's another post.

The point (and I do have one!) is my explosion book, for which I have gathered lots of cutesy embellishments.... the book has a Sweeney Todd theme, which, I am sure was not what the folks at EK Success had in mind for their little set of Jolee's By You called "My First Haircut." But boy, did that barber chair come in handy!!!! The covers are harley davidson paper, kind of metalic looking, and textured. I am also using lots of EK Success stuff.... little pies and muffins (try a little priest!), an apron, some stickers (beer. cause, you know, it's all so clear, that everybody....) and other stuff.... it's gonna be great, especially if I can get some of the cast to sign it. I wonder if the folks at Creating Keepsakes would publish it???

No comments: