Saturday, June 24, 2006

On the Road (Again!)

Well, the Edge (in Honda Civic form) has gone to the Big Junk Yard in the Sky. Long and annoying story there, but in the end, we decided it was not worth it to have the car fixed, and took the money from the insurance company to put towards a new car. I never got to say goodbye to my baby, but at least we got the posters out of the trunk. They were in there for about 3 years, and the tradition will need to continue.

I was doing some research, looking online, etc etc etc, being very diligent about what kind of car would be my next one. I thought another Honda, since, as my mom pointed out, the Edge "saved your little butt." And they are rated very well. I returned my rental car, the red PT Cruiser, otherwise known as RENO (not after Janet, okay?? After Reno Sweeney in the show "Anything Goes.") on Friday. With my parents help, the process of finding another car was going to be very thoughtful, checking the bluebook, going online and so on... So when my parents suggested we go and look at some cars this afternoon, I didn't really think I would end up bringing a car home today. But, in fact, I did.

It is another silver Civic, 2005, a few thousand miles, but very very very smooth. Essentially, it is a newer version of The Edge. It looks pretty much the same outside, and exactly the same inside. I wrote the check myself (biggest check I've ever written!) and took it home. So I am taking my show back on the road. Everyone please stop at your red lights, okay???

Naming opportunities for my new Civic are available. Maybe I will have a contest.

No comments: