Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Awww, yeeaahhhh!

Ah, the fall tv season! How do I love thee, let me count the ways...

Last night was the premiere of Dancing with the Stars (DWTS), but I didn't watch the full 2 hours. Needed to watch House. After I got past the name of the small boy who was the focus of this week's episode (Clancy!?!?! Didja ever?? Why would you name a child - even a fictional one - Clancy!?!? Of all things! It's no "Pilot Inspektor" (what is??) but it's up there as One of The Worst Names Ever. Now I've lost the flow of my original sentence!) it was a very very good episode. I have loved Hugh Laurie since I saw him in Sense and Sensibility. Watched him in "Peter's Friends" and the comedy show he did with Steven Fry (or Stephen Fry? Don't remember now) and I even read his book. Whoever decided to give him a series is a complete genius. It's a great show - zippy writing, appropriate levels of medical stuff (really creepy and bizarre interesting medical stuff, too) but some character stuff happening too. Sometimes I think the House doctors should meet the Grey's Anatomy interns... House would have lots of fun with them, I am sure...

And then.... Dancing with the Stars. They use "stars" in the loosest sense of the term. This season we've got Jerry Springer, a former Miss America, Vivica A. Fox, Joey Lawrence... I love it all. I love the ridiculous costumes and the cheesy music and the HOUR LONG results shows. I really love the judges. Bruno always says the funniest things, and sometimes even Len gets a little dig in. I am not sure why all these shows decided they all needed a narky British guy as a judge, but he's just perfect. A dapper and more polite Simon Cowell. And I don't think Simon dances! I didn't see the performance of the two that got booted this week, so I wasn't terribly upset that they got cut. I already have a few favorites though. That's just the way it goes...

Next week is the season premiere of Grey's Anatomy and it looks like lots of fun....

No comments: