Tuesday, September 26, 2006

It's All About The Voice

This evening, as my mom and I were sitting around the kitchen, watching Dancing with the Stars (as a former Cowboys fan, I just LOVE watching Emmit Smith dance! Yeah!) when a preview came on for some movie with (the lovely) Hugh Jackman.

Sez I: "I love Hugh Jackman."
Michael Caine is also in the movie, and we watched the preview for a bit (see how I don't even know what the name of the movie is? Too busy swooning over Hugh Jackman and Christian Bale.

Sez my mom: "I love Michael Caine." Pause. "I love his voice."
Then I say, "You know whose voice I really love? Alan Alda." (strange but true.) We both considered this statement, were like, "Huh." and went back to watching the show.

I guess I really get drawn by a voice - there are so many examples where I like listening to a singer or an actor just because of their voice, the emotion there, the tone, just the sound. I am sure that says something, somehow, some important message about something, if I could only be bothered to figure out just what it means... I've always been stirred by a powerful voice. Usually, I also find I am interested in unusual voices.

Since then, I've been thinking of other actors whose voices I really love.... I know several people who will kick me out of Diva School for admitting this, but I not only own the Phantom of the Opera movie and the soundtrack, I've got "Music of the Night" on my iPod so I can have the yummy Gerry Butler sing to me whenever I want.... (It's a horrible movie. I admit it. ALW is completely on the Dead list. But it is very very nice to look at. ) So Gerry's on the list... Hmmmm. I know there are others. I am a big sucker for the English family of accents - too.

I am sure there are more that I am not thinking of right now and I am kind of on a rambling spree, so I will shut up and go to sleep now. Tomorrow is another day to ponder those great voices....

1 comment:

Sarah B. Roberts said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.