Sunday, January 14, 2007

the hypochondriac drama queen

I have not fallen into a blogging black hole, I am here. I've just been swamped with the usual - work, thesis, work, bears vs. seahawks.... all the usual stuff.

Then last Sunday, enter my new superhero alter ego, Dizzy Grrl. One minute I'd be fine, the next, overcome by vertigo (and NOT the chirpy U2 ditty that currently serves as my ring tone). This went on a few days. I got a massive headache on Monday (but really, I was planning our retreat this week,writing an unprecedented half dozen proposals, doing client work, etc etc etc.) but chalked it up to stress. When the headaches kept getting worse and the dizziness intensified (to the point where everything was an adventure! work! retreat! and especially... driving!) I decided to....

TAKE A SICK DAY ON FRIDAY.

this should tell you how badly i was feeling. usually, i haul my sorry self into the office come rain or shine, in sickness and health etc. But i decided to go to the doctor instead.

i remember now, taking sick days off from school was actually kind of fun. you didn't have to worry about anything that day, you could just lay around in bed, watch oprah, get taken to the doctor, eat soup, whatever. it sucks now. i had to take my own dizzy self to the doctor, get my own medicine, etc. and there was none of that, don't worry about work, you're sick, just relax. i was checking my work email to see what i was missing. i stopped because my kitty jumped on my chair and made it impossible for me to sit and type.

oh- so anyway - i don't have a brain tumor or anything, just a sinus infection. i got many lovely drugs that will hopefully start working any second now.

now, if you will excuse me, i have some work to do....

No comments: