Thursday, April 19, 2007

The A Team By the Numbers

My time here with "The A Team" - (current employer, name changed to protect the "innocent") is drawing to a close. I am starting a new job next week!

5 1/2 years...
2 offices
4 cubicles (one in skokie, 3 in evanston)
4 regional managers
2 presidents
2 CEOs
2 cars to get to work (sniff! edge, RIP!)
nearly 100 clients served
1 company name change
3 titles
over 1 million words written
1 assistant
3 "moms"
2 retreats off site
0 "kumbaya moments" around a campfire (thank god!)

This was my first job out of college. I interviewed for a summer internship. I was offered a full time position. Since I had not been able to find a teaching job, and the idea of subbing 2nd grade gym did not at all appeal, I took it. I knew nothing about the field The A Team does business in - but I learned. I was in awe of Mr. A our founder, who started the company over 20 years ago from the trunk of his car. I had the chance to learn from the best, from people who feel called to help others, who are genuinely good. For all the issues we've had, it really feels like a family here. Leaving was not an easy decision for me to make, but I really feel it's the best move for me to make at this time. I'm ready. I'm sad to go, but excited for this new opportunity - it's in the arts, with a HUGELY prestigious organization in this city. It's a big chance and I had to take it. (Aside from that, my grandmother threatened to kick my ass if I didn't take the job! Seriously!)

So goodbye, A Team. I'll miss your wit & wisdom & professionalism. Keep on keeping on, and I will make you all proud.

No comments: