Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Moral Dilemma

Firstly - the spelling of 'dilemma'
Secondly - This whole election fandango. I cannot - CANNOT vote for a Republican, but I don't really care much for Mr. Obama. I don't like the thought of not voting at all though, so what's a girl to do?

Any Obama fans out there? Can you explain to me why you like him? What am I missing? I am serious about this, I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt now that he's the candidate, but I just don't see that he's done anything for me, personally, as a citizen of Illinois.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

So, Jane's really the one to talk to on this (she's become a total adult who follows issues and is addicted to CNN), but I would just pose a question...

What do you feel Hillary has done for you? Or the country?

(Just playing devil's advocate.)

Emily said...

How about that he was the only one smart enough to not support the exceedingly short-sighted repealing of gas taxes for the summer thing? And that he's gotten tons of young voters excited and involved in politics, people who probably wouldn't have cared otherwise? I'll work on some more for you if necessary :)

BroadwayBaby said...

I was not being obnoxious with this question, I truly want to know what it is I am missing. I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, now that he is the candidate. I am willing to learn, so let's talk.

It's not so much that Hillary had done anything for me personally (except pestered me with emails for the last several months) but I liked her and I really wanted to see a woman in the White House. Goodbye, glass ceiling. What more change could you possibly ask for than to end all these years of MEN in office?