Friday, June 13, 2008

summer in the city!

Sticky weather? Check! Three fans blowing on me while I sleep? Check! Some kind of street festival every other week? Check, check, money order! Oooh, it looks like it's Summer in Chicago! Yesterday the head honcho asked me, in his gorgeous, gorgeous British accent, if I "would get to take some time off, ever" - and I am happy to report the answer to that is YES. Woohoo! As I've been looking at my plans for the summer, I am busier than I thought I would be. Take a look:

Sunday June 15 - thru June 18 Off to NYC for a brief vacation (brought about by the need to burn off several PTO days that I am unable to carry over. Twist my arm!)
On the agenda - a Tony party with a gracious hostess and people who are as excited about it (if not more so) as I am!
Also am planning to see some shows (okay, "show" at the moment. Care to guess? I am working on finding something else to see in the brief time I am there. Heaven forbid I just see one show while I'm out there ),see some sights and eat some waffles. Looking forward to all of this very much.

June 21 - Jane's birthday surprise! This may or may not include skipping town, a monster truck rally and a hayride ho-down (I can't really say it's a surprise and she may be reading...) but it will be lots and lots of fun. Woo!

June 23 - Betty Buckley at Ravinia! I'd almost given up on this, since I was very unwilling to shell out beaucoup bucks for the trio concert series. Apparently other people felt the same way, because when I saw single tickets had gone on sale, there were lots of good seats still available.

Late June - the last of our big meetings, and our BIG move to our snazzy new digs. So I realize that I will no longer physically be located on the 13th floor, the blog name will remain "Life on 13" since "Life on 3M" does not have the same ring and makes it sounds like I have an unfortunate adhesive addiction. Maybe if I still worked at Archiver's (HA!) Life on 13 is a state of mind, baby.

Then in July, it's back to Ravinia for Dame Kiri te Kanawa's farewell gala concert. Who knows what else I will get up to???

No comments: