Wednesday, July 01, 2009

"a little bit wicked"

I was boredly scanning the shelves at Morton Grove Public Library last week while I was off. I've been doing that thing where I've run out of stuff to read and so I start reading stuff I've already read. I do this a lot, and thus have a collection of stuff that I will grab when I am looking for something to (re) read - for instance, I re-read all of Bill Bryson's books that I own (and one that I didn't) and I've even been meandering through my Vegas guidebooks again (in case I missed something, maybe?) which let me know that I had to get to the library and fast - only a matter of time before I start on my favorite re-read books - the tales of Ms. Georgia Nicholson in Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging and all of its many sequels. So I could save myself and my loved ones from me gabbing in teenage English girl "Cor! It's nippy noodles outside today!" "I'm away laughing on a fast camel, toodle pip!" for the next week, I hit the biblioteca.

I picked up Kristin Chenoweth's A Little Bit Wicked. I started it Saturday night and finished it Sunday morning. A very quick and fun read, and she is so gosh darned cute (plus we have the same initials!) . I liked her very much, even forgiving her for saying that You're A Good Man Charlie Brown was in "Skokee" Illinois (Right down the darned street from me, too, and I MISSED IT.) It made me want to crack out my Wicked cd and become a Glitter Girl - now I have the perfect accessory for it - my glitter lamp from Ravinia...

No comments: