Tuesday, January 05, 2010

end of year appeals

Since raising money is a big part of my job (says the master of meiosis) I am naturally very interested in how other organizations work their appeals. I got a ton of end of year stuff from everybody under the sun. I have made one big gift already this year, and am not planning any others. But this one, from the Public Theatre, almost had me whipping out my check book. I got this email and laughed out loud. The picture is tiny, but it's from Road Show. I had a front row seat to that show, and was showered by flying money that was flung about by every member of the cast. Happy memories + a funny appeal picture should equal mucho cash, and I appreciate the Public's sense of humor (are y'all looking for any development types? she asked, not entirely kidding...)

Best appeal ever.


No comments: