Monday, January 25, 2010

my, my, how could i resist you?

Went to Mamma Mia yesterday afternoon in Rosemont - I had to miss my Colts who beat the socks off of those Jets, but que sera sera (They won!). Golly my goodness, I haven't been to the Rosemont Theatre since we opened the place with Barry Manilow all those years ago... It was a fun atmosphere, along with loud "ya-ta-da" carpet. The show was just fun. It's not deep or earth-shattering theater, but who cares? It was so much fun and everyone knows how much I loves me some ABBA. We had a very sedate audience though - at the end, there is supposed to be a singalong with Mamma Mia! Dancing Queen and Waterloo, and while everyone seemed to be on their feet, we were the only ones singing. Wassup with that, Rosemont?? Then we all trundled out of the theater, from the warmth of the Greek Isles into the snow (!) where we sat around for a really long time, waiting to get out of the parking lot. And now, I'll be broken-hearted, blue since the day we parted...

No comments: