Monday, August 02, 2010

Ravinia Review - Chicago Tribune

Sondheim%20at%20Ravinia%3A%20Anger%20on%20the%20North%20Shore%20at%20truncated%20birthday%20celebration

Well, ouch, Chris Jones. "Debacle on the north shore" is a bit strongly worded. I totally agree with you on the timing of this concert - what should have been a celebration of Sondheim by four remarkable interpreters of his music was timed, as you say, in a bit of a bone-headed way. I paid my money and didn't get to nob with the nobs afterwards either, but I went into it with the understanding that a gala concert is usually short - I had guessed an hour to an hour and a half. Maybe the tickets should come with a caveat? It would probably have been better if this concert had not been selected for the Gala event, so that we all could have basked in the celebration of Sondheim...

Moving on...

No comments: