Friday, September 24, 2010

one fierce party!

Sometimes, in the course of my job, I get to do some fun stuff. Tonight, for instance, is Couture & Cocktails, a fashionable fundraiser for the company - it's at the W Hotel, and there will be a runway fashion show featuring designer Carmen Marc Valvo's couture collection, dancing and delicious food!
I had never heard of CMV before, but just this morning, I learned that a certain Sicilian Diva wore one of his dresses to her recent book launching party in NYC! Talk about FIERCE!!


(Do y'all know Terrence McNally's play "The Lisbon Traviata"? One of the main character is trying to track down a rare, pirate recording of Maria Callas's legendary performance of Verdi's La Traviata in - wait for it - Lisbon. This post made me think of it, because this character comments that he can bring just about every conversation around to Maria Callas. I can sometimes do the same thing with Ms. Patti over here.... CMV has outfitted other famous people as well, but I'd not heard of him before. Now suddenly he's everywhere!)

No comments: