Thursday, June 30, 2011

i need a hug...


This is my kitty boy, Start. He passed away in his sleep last night. He was on the old side (15 or 16 at our best estimate), and he had a tumor in his belly.

We adopted him from a co-worker in 2002 or 2003 (as far as I can remember). She was going to have a baby and her husband was afraid for the baby around the cats (which I don't get AT ALL. I've had cats my whole life, including when I was a baby, and I'm totally fine. Plus, what kind of d-bag makes his wife choose between a baby and her pets? That she had as kittens? No way, no day. I'd never give up my sweet kitties. For anything. Potential boyfriends, take note.) When we went to visit her home, to meet the cats, Start and Finish, I remember sort of bonding right away with Start. He's the one who'd come cuddle on my lap, sit next to me on the chair while I was working at the computer, follow me around the house like a puppy (he even came when I called him!)

Both of the cats are good-natured and they have never, ever bitten me. Start was a sweet boy and I'll miss him.

No comments: