Thursday, August 21, 2008

Thank you, Peter Gelb!


Since I can't actually go to New York City to see the dazzling Ms. Renée Fleming in the Metropolitan Opera's Opening Night gala on September 22nd, it looks like I will have to settle for the next best thing... the Met in HD, coming soon to a theater near you (& me!). Seriously, I think this is one of the best ideas anyone has ever had, ever. I get to see the Met's gorgeous productions, have some popcorn and milk duds if I want, and not have to leave the state.

In other news, since I can't let an entire year go by without actually physically going to the Met, I've bought a ticket for Thais in December. It is all part of my 30th birthday blowout extravaganza. This will also hopefully involve another trip to see Patti in Gypsy (stay open, please!) and maybe a few other shows...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey, it's Rae-Mae from the group!! you are SO lucky you get to watch the HD broadcasts!! I'm pretty sure that there isn't a single showing in the whole state of North Dakota!! So I'm super depressed and uber jealous of all who get to watch it :(