Wednesday, August 13, 2008

the 'twilight' zone (thanks a lot, Heidi)

I spent most of this past weekend lost in a little town called Forks, Washington, where vampires and shape shifting wolf men roam free. Yes, I finally got with the program and read Stephenie Meyer's four book Twilight saga. I started on Friday with the first book, Twilight, and I finished the fourth book Breaking Dawn last night. That averages out to about a book a day, and they are not small books. I would have been done with them all sooner, I think, but I kept getting distracted by the Olympics... first the opening ceremonies and then non-stop swimming, diving and gymnastics (but set your DVRs, people, trampolining is set to be aired this coming Saturday!)

See? I'm distracting myself even now. The books are lots and lots of fun, and I enjoyed reading them, so here's my public shout out to Heidi my home girl and fellow member of Team Jacob, for telling me about her obsession and helping me to feed it by loaning me a few of the tomes so that I didn't even have to leave the house in order to finish the series. You were right, once again. And thanks.

So my book pile is sadly depleted again... any ideas??

2 comments:

Emily said...

Welcome to the club! I really don't get this Jacob thing you and Heidi have going on, but at least I won't have to compete with you ladies for Edward's attention...

BroadwayBaby said...

I really love Emmett and Jasper too, actually. But yeah, I'm all about Jacob...