Friday, December 26, 2008

a christmas meme

Joy to the world, my darlings, I hope you all got what you wanted for Christmas...

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper all the way. So much more fun & satisfying to rip open a package on Christmas morning.

2. Real tree or Artificial? Real tree, I've had one every year that I can remember, although family lore says that way back before I was born, we had an artificial tree, but the cat knocked it over, so it's been a real one since then...

3. When do you put up the tree? around 12/15, my mom's birthday

4. When do you take the tree down? January 6, the Epiphany

5. Do you like eggnog? No!

6. Favorite gift received as a child? I don't remember a specific gift. Although last year rocked because my parents gave me a new bag for work and a pair of sneakers to do my commuter walk in... best presents ever!!

7. Hardest person to buy for? My dad.

8. Easiest person to buy for? My mom.

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes - several actually.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail. Another question I guess would be store bought or handmade, and this year it was store bought... they were cool though, so I guess it's all right.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A brooch in the shape of an elephant from a neighbor of my grandmother's. Sweet of her to get me a gift but what 10 year old wants an elephant brooch?

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Charlie Brown's Christmas

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Whenever the mood strikes.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Not that I can recall.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? cookies!

16. Lights on the tree? Is this a yes or no question? Do people not put lights on their trees? Yes, we have lights on our tree. They are colored lights, not white ones.

17. Favorite Christmas song? Happy Xmas (War is Over) ONLY by John & Yoko, Merry Christmas from the Family (Dixie Chicks), Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree (ONLY Brenda Lee), the Bells of St. Paul (Linda Eder), Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) - U2... I will probably think of a zillion others...

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? I've been at home for Christmas every year (not only in my dreams...)

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Dasher & Dancer & Prancer & Vixen &Comet & Cupid & Donner & Blitzen & Rudolph, the red-nosed reindeer!

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? An angel

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning - Santa does not come on Christmas Eve!

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The crowds, the weather, the playing of christmas music from halloween...

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? We have lots of cat ornaments, angels, ones that I made when I was a kid, antiques from my grandmother...

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? I don't really have a favorite for dinner. We change it around each year.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? World peace and maybe another new bag for work

No comments: