Wednesday, December 31, 2008

this 'n that...

A few things that caught my eye this morning, while I scanned the headlines and sipped hot tea...

First of all this story about a POTO sequel is so incredibly bizarre, it doesn't even merit thinking about. Do we really really need another chapter in the Phantom saga? Especially one that happens at Coney Island (is there some sort of time travel involved?) with some kind of robo-Christine? Does this not sound like the Worst. Idea. Ever?? All that said though, let me just tell ya, if Gerry Butler is cast as the Phantom, I will be there with bells on. I'm not proud of this fact, at all, but it's true. I'd go and see him do anything. Even 300. He can't sing, really, though, but who the hell cares?
(A word to the wise - Run away, Hugh Jackman! Run away now, while you still can...)

Also, unrelated but nevertheless interesting - Something called the Lake Superior State University has published their (apparently) annual list of words/phrases that should be banned due to overuse. Go check it out here. I too, totally hate the constant use of "going green." Going green, seeing green, it ain't easy being green, but it's no use yakking on about it if we don't actually DO anything about it. A little less conversation with idiotic catchphrases and a lot more action is needed. And how icky is the word "staycation"? I can't think of any I'd ad to the list just yet, but I will probably think of a couple...

No comments: