Thursday, October 29, 2009

fall trix (and treats)

I kind of like fall - crisp, brightly colored leaves (that have been looking so pretty and vibrant against our darkened skies lately). It's time to bust out the sweaters (or buy new ones. What? I like to shop AND be warm)new boots (I bought not one but TWO new pairs already. But to be fair, one of those is pair of Merrells for the snow. That's practical. Right?), weather that requires a jacket but yet is still warm enough for me to don cute skirts to work, honey crisp apples and the newest revelation, honey crisp CIDER, which is clearly the nectar of the gods, the toffee nut latte, when I am in the mood for coffee, or a tangy ginger peach tea. Halloween is in the air too, and so there are pumpkins and pumpkin pie (if you like that kind of thing which actually, I don't). Even the animals at the LP Zoo got to have some fall treats... I am a big sucker for tigers and so I feel the need to share these with you... They are so cute, playin' wid their punkins, I can't even stand it.



But anyway. This being Chicago, fall will abruptly give way to gusty winds, freezing temps and snow. Joy to the world. So let's enjoy our fall while we can, huh?

No comments: