Thursday, October 22, 2009

kitchen confidential...

So last night I made a new recipe - "BLT" Risotto - with a few substitutions, naturally. The recipe called for pancetta, but I used regular bacon and the "L" was actually supposed to be lettuce, used spinach instead. So I guess it was a BST risotto. The recipe came from the Rachael Ray magazine (shut up. Obnoxious she may be, but her magazine is chock full of awesome.) and it was easy(ish) to make. Risotto is fairly bitchy, just because of the time it takes to cook the rice, adding the broth, 1/2 cup by 1/2 cup, getting it perfectly al dente. Not, clearly, as bitchy as the "bitch rice" referred to in Julie & Julia but time consuming nonetheless. Ultimately rewarding. It was consumed while watching America's Next Top Model and then Glee. It was quite tasty and I brought leftovers for lunch, which is the best feeling in the world - not having to eat Lean Cuisine "food."

This weekend, when I am not at the theater, I am planning to make a cherry caramel bread pudding. I will keep you all posted. This will be my first bread pudding!

No comments: