Friday, May 21, 2010

day off!!

Well, friends, I've gotten myself into quite a PTO-related dilemma. That's "Paid Time Off" by the way, just so you aren't thinking I've gotten myself mixed up with a parent-teacher organization, because that would make no sense at all, being neither parent nor teacher.

Anywho. I have 20 some odd days to take off between now and June 30 (the end of our Fiscal Year and alas, alack, I can't carry any of them over. I must be the only fool on earth who feels GUILTY taking days off as in "Oh, I have so much to do, I just can't take off willy-nilly," etc. So now, I have a zillion days to take and no idea what I'm going to do with them all. AND, I'm going to have to be much much better about taking days off in the coming year, because it seems like I am always stuck with this problem. Better planning is in order.

In the meantimeI've started by taking Fridays off, which will be nice. I took one off today. It was a lovely, quiet day. I did a lot of reading - The Carrie Diaries and also Russell Brand's Booky Wook.

Also, ALL of my Ravinia tickets arrived today!! YAY!! I'm so excited about all of those events and also about the upcoming warm weather -- summer must finally be here!!

No comments: