Wednesday, May 12, 2010

my morning tea party *

* No fear! I have not turned into a conservative wackadoo! I am talking about a thing with actual tea. Like the Queen drinks. You know?

This morning I went to the post office in the Thompson Center. It is always, always, always better to go first thing in the morning, because there are no lines. Later in the day there are huge lines and usually only one person behind the counter. So I like to go early and take care of business.

On the way back, I stopped at Argo. Since I am attempting to be good after the whole I-had-a-blizzard-for-lunch fandango on Monday, I got a plain black tea and asked them (twice) to leave room so I could add cream. The girl asked me if I had the black tea and I said, yes with room. She didn’t hear me but there was an employee guy standing next to me who did, and so he corrected her when she didn’t leave any room in the cup. So I said thanks. I was standing at the condiment station adding cream and sugar and I couldn’t get the cream to come out of the pitcher thing. so I traded it for another one. no go. The same guy helped me figure it out and now I am pretty sure he thinks I am a moron. Whatever. It wasn’t even 8:00 yet.

No comments: