Saturday, July 03, 2010

ask not what top model can do for you....

So. I heard that Fuerza Bruta is set to close on July 11, considerably earlier than anticipated. I mentioned this to my friends in the car yesterday and none of them had heard of it. "What's it about?" they asked "Is it a musical?" and I was at a bit of a loss, not having seen it myself. I said the audience stood and... stuff... sort of happened above them.

Then it occurred to me - I said to them: do you remember that photo shoot on America's Next Top Model? Where the girls were on that plastic thing in the water? Tyra saw Fuerza Bruta in New York and that's what inspired the photo shoot.

And the lights went on - my friends totally remembered that (it is, in fact, the reason I had originally heard of Fuerza Bruta - right after that photo shoot, I saw an ad for it in Time Out New York and was like "So that's what she was on about.") and said that I should have told them straightaway that it was from Top Model. I mean, duh. As Angelea from the 716might have said, bitch, please.

So, Fuerza Bruta, here is a tip for you, and I'm giving it to you for free: people here don't seem to get you. It's all like "forza whata?" and your ads (and lukewarm reviews) don't seem to be helping your case. I have heard great things about you, and would totally go except you are too rich for my recently returned from New York City vacation blood (and I missed my chance to go for free!). So you've got to step it up in the final days of your Chicago existence. USE YOUR TOP MODEL LINK. People might not know their performance art, but I guarantee you, they know their Tyra. People all over the place will have the same epiphany as we did in the car: "Oh, the thing from Top Model?? That looked cool! You should have SAID!"

It will totally work....

No comments: