Wednesday, July 07, 2010

brooklyn!

The last few times I've been in Brooklyn have been completely by accident. Usually I get on the subway, with the intent to go downtown. My problem is that I'm looking for Fulton Street, but the stop is actually called something else and so then I miss it completely and end up staring with dismay out the window as I see water and then coming to the conclusion, "Oh, crap, I'm in Brooklyn!" Twice, I've done this. But no, a week ago today, we went there on purpose via the Brooklyn Bridge. I'd never crossed it before and wanted to. So yeah. We did it!

Except it was kind of disappointing on the Brooklyn side. We'd intended to find a nice water taxi to take us back to Manhattan except you know what? THEY DON'T EXIST ON WEEKDAYS except during rush hour (we were there at 11:30). We'd been looking forward to the famous ice cream they've got over there, but the stand didn't open until 12:00. We had already gotten our exercise (plus we were hungry!) and didn't really want to cross the bridge on foot again. It looked like we were going to have to until I spotted a cab and flagged that sucker down. It took us back over the bridge to city hall which I have to say was the best 6 bucks we spent on the whole trip.




No comments: