Thursday, July 15, 2010

stay tuned...

When I got home last night, all I wanted to do was veg out in front of the tv. So there I was, surfing channels, looking for something to watch on tv after Rick Steves' Europe. I used to think Rick was the shit, with all of his practical tips and budget travel advice, but now I am not so sure. He is really big on local establishments, and meeting new people, to really get immersed in the culture and in Venice, we stayed with a crazy old lady in her non-air conditioned home b/c she rented out some rooms for guests. Yeah, that was a fun night. And how does he only get away with one tiny backpack?

Anyway. Surfing channels. I was on a random channel (it's called MHZ, I think, 20-4 on my tv) that broadcasts foreign language movies and shows. It's where I once found a German cop drama and I was following the subtitles and got really sucked into the action. Last night, there was a Norwegian series (I guess?) called Varg Veum about a private detective named, naturally enough, Varg Veum. The films are based on a series of books, and the story was kind of interesting, although I confess, I stayed tuned in mainly because the guy who plays Varg is a hunk and a half. See for yourself!


Lovely, no? Anyway, I found out that it's Varg week on this mysterious tv channel, which means I will likely be in front of the tv once again tonight, watching Varg battle the baddies.

No comments: