Friday, July 16, 2010

one week away!!


Let the countdown begin - I am heading to Ravinia next weekend to see the wonderful Renée Fleming sing Strauss's Four Last Songs. I hope it is not 9 million degrees outside, because as much as she likes the humidity for her voice, it's just killer sitting in the pavilion watching the performance while sweating your brains out. Still, I do it happily (and stickily) for you, Renée. My goodness, I haven't seen Renée in a REALLY LONG TIME. Time to remedy that!!

My next couple of weeks will be quite Ravinia-filled, since the weekend following Renée's concert I am seeing Arrival from Sweden on Friday the 30th (where I will be busting out my jelly glow rings!) and the Sondheim Gala concert on the 31st (where I will also be busting out my jelly glow rings - HA! Just kidding!).

Anyway, get ready for Renée by watching her discuss the Four Last Songs:

No comments: