Monday, February 16, 2009

belated statehood day recap

I hope everyone had a lovely and romantic Arizona Statehood Day Weekend! My friends and I (my "Statehood Day buddies") had a lovely lunch at Bonefish Grill (Oh, I had the haddock, and it was so delicious! If I was on Check, Please! I would sum this place up by saying it is a little slice of heaven in a Skokie strip mall! I mean, who knew that such an unassuming little place could turn out such delicious seafood?) then we went shopping and had manicures and exchanged the requisite Statehood Day cards and candy. Sadly, I had to return almost all the purchases I made - not because I had buyer's remorse or anything, but because everything I picked up just didn't fit right. Grrrrr.

Yesterday, I made muffins and hung out at home. Why are the weekends always so short? And today, we are not closed, so I am at the office, celebrating the presidents by, ummmm, well, having some tea and toast.

No comments: