Friday, February 13, 2009

stuff in my bag... the cleanout edition

So my bag weighed a ton yesterday, and I had to do my weekly cleaout ritual a few days early. Here's what was happening...

- 4 True Delights dark chocolate almond raspberry granola bars (free! given out by the train station and in front of the Thompson Center in the morning for the past week. May I say they are Truly Delightful...)

-8 lipsticks and lipglosses. I think it is safe to say that I don't especially need ALL of those in my bag at once, as I think I only really regularly use just one... the boring old softlips

-5 pens (you never know when you might need a pen, and I have this weird fear that I will be somewhere and need a pen and that it will run out of ink. So I have extras.)

-1 pair of rubber gloves (don't ask)

-1 sharpie (Be Prepared. That is my motto. You never know when a sharpie about your person might come in handy.)

-Much loose change

-2 bottles of eyedrops

-about 3 different containers with Tylenol, Advil, and prescription stuff. Just call me Dr. Feelgood

-Post its.

-Keys, and also my office swipe card

-phone

-tissues

-my schedule book planner thing that I meticulously record things in but mysteriously rarely look at.

-random receipts and assorted debris

-Parking Lot floor level reminder sheet. You know when you park really early in the morning, and it's kind of a blur? So I took one of those little sheets to remind me later, in case I forgot. It was a long day. But I remembered - P4 Luggage Blue Level

-gum and mints, hard candies

-ipod (really really really the best purchase I've ever made)

-an invitation to the Kravis Center Gala featuring MandyLu (PatMan? ManPat?) (Oy, long story about why this happens to be in there, but needless to say I will be spending March here in Chicago and not chilling out on a beach in West Palm, sipping fruity beverages.)

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

Sarah B. Roberts said...

Five pens but only one sharpie? Don't be asking to borrow mine! I feel very strongly about sharpies, you know.