Sunday, July 16, 2006

Confessions of a Deadbeat Blogger

Since Sarah accused me of being almost as bad as Khaleem in terms of blogging (if I was really slick, I would have hyperlinked his name to his blog, but I still haven't gotten the hang of that yet, so let's just say you can find him at http://ofthekosmos.blogspot.com) I am giving all y'all two posts for the price of one!! If you are looking for Sarah, you can find her at http://sarahbsadventures.blogspot.com - I will get the hang of this and eventually post a bunch of my favorite spots. Eventually. I swear!

Confessions of a Deadbeat Blogger
We hold these truths to be self-evident: Reflections on My Weekend (SS and SS)
  1. Kari (http://litwit.typepad.com) is the Hostess with the Mostess (thank you, thank you, thank you!!)
  2. Stephen Sondheim is a GENIUS. Period, exclamation point. Any chance to see anyone perform his work is not to be missed, but particularly if that group of performers includes the talented Judy Kaye, George Hearn, Liz Calloway and Mary Elizabeth Mastrioantonio.
  3. Meryl Streep is a total rock star. Amazing, truly fabulous actress. If you don't believe me, check out her excellent performances in A Prairie Home Companion and The Devil Wears Prada.
  4. Sondheim Festival in the Park - brilliant idea, but I think we need to take a cue from New York and get us some walls! And some AC! It was just too hot to spend all weekend outside wandering the park.
  5. Chicago in July SUCKS.
  6. If you're not gonna enjoy the show, do us all a favor and just stay home already!!
  7. Learning can be fun - especially if the subject is broadway divas and musical theater and Kari and Sarah are your teachers!
  8. Grown ups can have slumber parties too, just add some pizza, a few cold beers, good friends (who understand) and The Patti singing Being Alive.
  9. Bless the industrious purveyors of archival footage (if you get my drift... no?)
  10. (the) Patti Lu rocks my face off.

That's all!!

2 comments:

Sarah B. Roberts said...

Spewing accusations of blog dead beatness worked! And of course I dig the pink.

of the kosmos said...

That was a coincidence . . .

A bientot!