Sunday, July 23, 2006

Early Warning Detection System

The Tribune horoscope says today is a 6, but I think 6 is the new 4. It has not been a terrific day for me. It started off okay, I woke up early and went to workout (first time I have been able to have a proper workout, rather than just a soak in the whirlpool since my accident), and then had a fabulous breakfast with Heidi (hazelnut coffee and lemon bread french toast at Egg Harbor. How I love that place!). From there, it kind of went downhill. I got strangely ambitious and started cleaning in my room (proper dusting and drawer organization and everything, rather than the generic, let's cram this into this drawer/under the bed/in the closet until I can see surfaces cleaning I usually go for). I am doing some minor redecorating - I have to do something with all the playbills I have been buying off ebay, so as soon as the !@#%^*$ frames come from Playbill.com (couldn't be easy to DIY, could it??) I am going to display them. The shelves needed cleaning off though, so I started doing that. Wow, surfaces!! And clean ones!

Then for some reason, I thought I would do the dresser as well, and klutzishly knocked over my ringstand, sending my one of the rings I wear all the time into the depths of the hidden world Behind the Dresser. I can't really see back there, because there's not a lot of space between the dresser and the wall (enough space for a ring to fall, though). I made a few futile attempts at sending the troops in for a recovery mission, but it was unsuccessful. Moving the dresser is possible, but would be a gigantic pain in the butt, so I decided to let it go for now. If my left hand feels naked this week, without that particular ring, I might have to just suck it up and empty the drawers, pull them out and move it...

Anyway. I wanted to go to Archiver's to get some things to keep the scrapbooking clutter under control, and make some copies and photographs (part of the continuing effort to update my decor). The trip was okay. I kind of dithered around with the copier, because it kept cutting my picture off... Very frustrating. And I want to work on this layout, but I don't know exactly how I want to do it, so finding supplies for it was kind of tough, too. I had lots of fun asking Heidi for help though, after first asking if they had any bassoon stickers. I finally settled on some stuff, was miffed over the lack of black cardstock for some other projects I want to start on, but what can I do? Went back home to work on the framing projects - killed 2 of the copies I made because I can't operate the paper cutter or cut with scissors to save my life (but at least I've still got all my fingers!)

I just feel very cranky and think it is best to just sit quietly and not try any other projects for today. Time for some chocolate ice cream (shout out to my 2 favorite men, Ben and Jerry!) and some 'me' time. I am also reading Joe Volpe's book "The Toughest Show on Earth." More on that later...

No comments: