Wednesday, July 19, 2006

A Much Better Morning

Despite the fact that the Tribune horoscope says today is only a 5, it started out much better than yesterday. I was walking from the parking garage (otherwise known in these parts as "the poverty lot" because of its distance from the office building) and a lady who works with the parking company chased me down, pressed some trinkets into my hand and said that it was customer appreciation day, and invited me into the garage office for donuts and free coffee. Hello!!

Is it really that easy to buy my devotion and parking loyalty? By giving me some free stuff, and my morning sugar rush? Apparently, the answer is yes. I think that is worth the day being at least a 6, don't you?

And as long as I am chatting, can I just give a shout out to the inventor of microfiber?? As soon as I stepped foot into the office, in another very cute skirt (although thankfully not cute enough to warrant any commentary from anyone on the street!) and t-shirt, as it is to be about 9 million degrees outside today, I knew I was just going to freeze my butt off... So I hopped it over to my favorite store, the CVS, for some emergency microfiber tights. Along with the sweater I keep here for emergency climate control, I am now completely comfortable.

No comments: