Saturday, July 29, 2006

We're Havin' a Heatwave...

In the 90s all weekend and into next week as well. It really does suck to be us. I went shopping this afternoon, thinking that some retail therapy would help keep my mind off the oppressive heat, but no. There is a street festival that I wanted to check out (because of very hot, talented musician named Will Hoge - I think it is www.willhoge.com Not too coordinated yet with the linking thing.... Too busy/lazy/hot/etc to bother.) but nothing doing. It is too damn hot to be hanging out on the street with hot sweaty (drunk) strangers all for an hour or so of music. I love Will and I haven't seen him in AGES, but there are only about 3 people I am willing to sit around in the heat for: Renee Fleming, Patti LuPone, and George Hearn (made our hot trip to Millennium Park all worth it... so was the appearance by SJS...)

I plan to hide in the house for the rest of the weekend. We all know what my office is like (creepy meatlocker) so during the week should be all good. I might foray out briefly to wash the car - I couldn't see out the back window yesterday, never a good sign. Other than that, fuhgeddaboutit...

No comments: