Sunday, May 18, 2008

elephant = squirrel + toaster

So.... yeeesss. Last night me & the girls braved the elements (not only torrential rains, but also the nutbags and Cubs fans that ride the CTA) to see Eddie Izzard (I would direct you to his website here, but it's apparently disappeared into cyberspace, as I have not been able to access it at all today. Too many jokes at the PC's expense? It is funny, since he even did a bit about updating your computer...and the wonders of Wikipedia.)

I don't know how to explain one of Eddie's shows for people who haven't seen him (and if you haven't seen him - WTF? Go and Netflix his "Dress to Kill" please. I'll wait. You can thank me later.) except he can make things like the title of this post make total sense. Really. It is true. He was on stage for about 2 hours, and it flew by. At the end of the show, I was thinking "Waaah! It can't be over ALREADY!" I could sit there and listen to him for many more hours. I think I laughed the whole time. The act is very stream-of-consciousness but it never seems rambly. It's just completely hillarious. I haven't done him justice in this post, but just trust me, it was a great show. It looked like the theater was pretty well sold (and how he has moved up! The first time we saw him was at the Royal George Theater, very small and intimate. Then he was at the Shubert/LaSalle Bank Theater and now the Chicago Theater!) and the crowd was with him the entire time. He raised the roof just by showing up on stage.

Also, I must give a shout out to the restaurant we went to - La Rosetta on Madison, across from Chase Tower. If you go, order the house rigatoni. The sauce is like crack. I kid you not. Oh, so good...

3 comments:

Emily said...

Oh, I'm so glad to hear the show was good! We can't go until July :(
All the more time to get excited though, right?

Heidi said...

I need a torch. British torch, that is. I lost my keys...I'm not looking for treasure. :-)

BroadwayBaby said...

I think you should use an American torch. Much more fun.