Friday, May 30, 2008

faith restored (at least for now)

A few things to restore my faith in humanity...

Yesterday I had to go and get some bloodwork done. I had to go to the hospital for it, an outpatient thing. Not a big deal at all, but naturally my hypochondriac sensitivities went into overdrive and I was reaching for a paper bag to hyperventilate in when my name was called. The (cute) tech who was drawing my blood noticed my anxiety as he secured me in the chair (it had a little swinging arm thing that snapped into place, kind of like an amusement park ride. Except a really crappy not fun one.). He noticed huge gobs of white fur on my pants (yes sirree, I am one Klassy Ladee!) and asked if I had pets. We chatted away about cats and he loved the names of my two (Start and Finish). I really appreciated his efforts to take my mind off the huge needle that he was plunging into my arm, so Robert in the Lab of Lutheran General, I thank you very very much. That little bit of kindness made my morning.

This morning, as I waited for the train in the rain, I got good and wet. Soggily, I clamoured on board and looked for a seat. There was not one to be found. Then, a businessman moved some papers off the seat facing him and told me I could sit there, if I wanted to. That little bit of kindness made a wet morning a little happier. So thanks, Metra Man!


** If you are interested, I got a clean bill of health from my test results.

No comments: