Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Hill no, she won't go!!

So last week the Sun Times printed a headline urging Senator Clinton to drop out of the Presidential race (so much for the impartial writing of the news, huh?). I believe the words emblazoned in the headline were "Give it Up" - I was so tempted to respond to this, but I was not able to put my thoughts down in an eloquent manner, that is, without the liberal use of the word "fuckheads."

Fortunately, a fellow reader put it into words for me:

The best candidate

I'd like to know why you're calling for Sen. Clinton to exit the presidential race. As of today, counting the entire popular vote (that is, the actual people who voted, not some delegate process that few understand and even less approve of), Sen. Obama leads by less than one-half of 1 percent. That's far from a mandate. Sen. Clinton is staying in the race for those of us who believe she's the best candidate -- and there are a lot of us.

Lisa Young, Lincoln Park


I promise I won't veer into political topics very often, but this headline just really pissed me off...

No comments: