Sunday, May 04, 2008

all that and a butterfly vendetta

Vair vair busy weekend. Started off with lovely dinner at Mykonos on Friday with Heidi and Jane. Our quest for cupcakes went unfulfilled, but we found some gelato and planned our farewell to youth trip to Australia (summer of 09, baby! Anyone turning 30 like us or hitting a milestone?? You are welcome to join us...) also planned revenge on a certain incompetent Big A manager (I am Italian, remember. "Io voglio vendetta!" Or, as Heidi put it "Farfalle vendetta!" which means either she has a thing against pasta or a thing against butterflies. As Jen Lancaster said, we are a very vengeful and stabby people. I think she was talking about Sicilians specifically but I think it applies to us all.)

Saturday - hair cut!!! It is back to being dark. And rather than going with the usual, I let Cathy's scissors run wild... She said "You know what I'd love to do on you?" and then she told me and I said "Okay." A hairdresser's dream, really because how many times do customers really give the stylists carte blanche to do whatever? But I felt like a change, so here we are. It's one of those shorter in the back longer in the front things and I am very happy with it. We will see tomorrow if anybody notices. Or if I can get it to look even remotely like it looked when I left the salon.

Also went to drop off the dress for its alterations (finally!) and met up with Heidi and Jane again for yes, cupcakes, and a movie (Baby Mama).

Today I've been alone with my horrible allergies, cleaning my closet and discovering the secret of the universe. Well, fine not really. But I think "discovering the secret of my missing playbills" doesn't sound nearly as exciting. Found one of the Rent ones (no idea where the others are. None.) and also Heidi claims that she went to Cats with me in 2002 with our friend Emily and her (then) boyfrield Mark. Emily? Do you remember this? Did you see Cats? Was I there? This truly does not ring any bells for me. I remember seeing Eddie Izzard together but not Cats.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Yes! Well, I remember seeing Cats, and I know Heidi was there. We were really in the front I think, but I honestly don't recall if you were with us or not. But, it's certainly possible you were. Are you going to see Eddie this tour? Dave and I are going in July.
Oh, were did you find cupcakes? When I was there in September Heidi and I were on a quest and we didn't find any good ones...

BroadwayBaby said...

This really bugs me, since I usually have a good memory for such things. I can't imagine I'd have a playbill if I didn't actually go, but I don't remember it. Weird.

Oh yes, we're seeing Eddie! Next Saturday the 17th!

We found cupcakes at a new place in Old Orchard...