Wednesday, September 17, 2008

And... we're back!


Anyway, let's just talk a moment about House, shall we? I don't watch a lot of tv any more, but I usually sit still for Hugh Laurie. I've loved him for a very long time, in films like Peter's Friends, Sense & Sensibility, on tv in Jeeves & Wooster, A Little Fry & Laurie... So I would personally like to thank whoever it was at Fox who psychically read my thoughts and one day at a meeting declared, "I've got it! Let's give Hugh Laurie his own show!" Not only did they give the man his own show, but they built a complex, fully drawn character juicy enough for this talented actor to play. House is a cantankerous, crotchetty diagnostic genius, he's miserable, nasty and obnoxious. But through all that, he's also somehow likeable. Unlike the rather disastrous Private Practice, House blends good storytelling involving all its characters and intriguing medical mysteries.

No comments: