Sunday, September 21, 2008

when did THAT happen?

I appear to have gotten myself a life... my weekends are starting to fill up with lots of fun, non-ulcer-inducing relaxing type activities. This weekend, of course, there was San Francisco Ballet, but lookie, lookie! I've got more stuff planned too!
I know it would probably be smarter, in these times of economic uncertainty, to stash my cash in the mattress rather than buying copious amounts of theater tickets. But then I say, f**k it! Might as well dance as the ship's going down, eh??

Coming up:

9/28 Mamma Mia! Live and in person at the Auditorium Theater. I love the ABBAs... and I've not seen the stage version before...

10/13 Pearl Fishers at Lyric Opera. Two words, people: Nathan Gunn. 'Nuff said.

10/15 Joffrey's fall program which will be very very very very exciting and fun

10/27 Manon at Lyric. Ooo-la-la, Natalie Dessay!

11/10 Lulu at Lyric. I don't know anything about it, but it looks sexy.

11/22 Grey Gardens at Northlight Theater in Skokie. This will be my third visit with the Edies who clearly know which side my corn is buttered on...

On the wish list for sometime in October:
Amadeus at Chicago Shakes
Turn of the Century at Goodman (can you believe I work like a block and a half from this place and have never been there??) These two will happen, I just need to get my act together vis-a-vis obtaining the tickets! And I am in the planning stages of a 30th birthday blowout bash extravaganza that involves a visit to NYC and as many divas as I can pack into a long weekend. The hotel is booked and ticket for Thais has been secured.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nathan Gunn is such a hottie!! Wow, I'm so jealous! my weekends are full of work work and more work! I hope you have fun ( i know you will) on all your fun filled weekends!