Monday, November 03, 2008

as we hold our collective breath...

Plans are underway for the City of Chicago's election night rally for Barack Obama - I heard from a colleague that they have removed mailboxes and trash cans from the city streets. In case people want to blow them up. This is serious shit here, people.

Personally, I am getting the hell out of dodge as soon as I am done with work tomorrow - yes, it is exciting and historic, but either way it goes, there is way too much potential for mayhem, riots, etc. I'd really rather not be around for that, thanks very much. I will be watching the returns from the safety of my suburban home (or Heidi's suburban home actually) with my dry erase board (an homage to Tim Russert, naturally), my blank US maps and red and blue crayons.

3 comments:

Emily said...

I wish I could be there for the dry erase boards!

Sarah B. Roberts said...

Chicken!

BroadwayBaby said...

Well, I didn't get a ticket anyway and I really saw no point in hanging around outside the park when I could be inside at home doing the same exact thing, only with food and without 150,000 of my closest friends.