Tuesday, November 25, 2008

moi? hard to shop for?

Dear Santa,
Only 30 more shopping days until Christmas! I have apparently gotten the reputation of being hard to shop for, and I wanted to be sure that you had plenty of ideas so I don't wake up Christmas morning with an empty stocking! So, here goes:

1. I commute, Santa baby, and it kinda sucks. Not as much as circling the globe in one night on a sleigh pulled by reindeers, but nearly almost as much. So, anything that can make my commute faster, easier, and more entertaining would be a good thing. Books, puzzles, magazines, a rocking playlist, stuff like that. Commute gear is also possible - last year I asked my family for a good pair of walking shoes for my hike from CUS to the office, and a work bag. The same things can apply this year - a good pair of sneakers to walk in (I'm an 8 as much as I sometimes pretend to be a 7.5, it's not good) and a tote that I can put all my crap in would be awesome. I also like knee socks - keep the legs warm in cold weather!

2. I have a lot of stress. Things that can help me de-stress are always welcomed. I'm kind of sensitive to scents, so be careful there. But I am not opposed to gift cards - like to go and see movies with my friends, or to my favorite stores, since I really really like to shop. I like to journal, and love those pretty books sold for these purposes. I like to knit (still no purling) and so needles or yarn or books that would teach a lefty to purl would be nice.

3. I am really, really, almost tragically, easily amused. I bought a pack of pens from Staples awhile ago (multi-colored uni-ball siglos) that promise me that their special ink helps prevent check fraud! God, how I love these pens. And stickers, and all kinds of stuff like that. Little stuff. Stupid stuff. I get almost unnaturally excited by these things.

4. I like to read - almost anything. I am trying to figure out how to learn to use the PhotoShop I just installed on my MacBook, and would love like an Idiot's Guide to PhotoShop or something like that.

5. I am strangely trapped in the 70s. Did the disco dancing give it away? Think Abba. Think DVDs. I would be Abba-solutely over the moon (hahahaha)

6. Accessories! I love shiny things, and I love bright, bold colors

7. My office is cold: I love wearing scarves and sweaters, and drinking hot beverages from my favorite Loop coffee purveyors - Argo Tea and Starbucks.

8. I have a thing for jackets and coats - not just outerwear.

9. I like to be cozy - and one can never have too many pairs of comfy pajamas.

10. One word: Fossil - Bags. Watches. Wallets. LOVE THEM.

11. Here's another word: Hunks! If it's possible, could you wrap up Mr. Butler and leave him under my tree on Christmas morning? That would be mucho appreciated. I will leave you some extra goodies in the living room - I heard once that you prefer jerky and beer over milk and cookies, and you know, whatever floats your boat, baby.
If you're really at a loss, check my amazon wishlist - it's under my yahoo email address, don't look at the AOL one, it's ancient.

Love to you & the wife,
Kristen

No comments: