Friday, November 07, 2008

TOC interview with Amy Morton

This week's issue of Time Out Chicago features an interview with Amy Morton, back in Chicago to direct William Petersen in Dublin Carol at Steppenwolf. Below is a comment from Amy about L.A. & winter... spoken like someone who has experienced many winters in the Windy City... I agree with her, actually. I too need all the shit that comes with winter, the grey,cloudy, snot freezing cold days, the snow, the shoveling and scraping, the white knuckle driving, all of the layers of clothing, heavy sweaters, parkas, boots, hats, gloves and scarves (and being me, losing hats, gloves and scarves) all of that stuff. Because otherwise, how can you really appreciate the warmth and renewal of spring and summer?
(Read the whole thing here)

TOC: You’ve done L.A. a couple of times. You’ve also said, “Hollywood holds nothing but terror for me.” Why is that?
Amy Morton: "...I also don’t get it. The sunshine every day? I’d wake up and say, “Another sunny day. Jesus, I can’t stand it.” Because you felt guilty staying inside all day. I need winter. I need all the shit that comes with winter."

No comments: